Safety rules (Public)
Name: Vyxys Kjyl
Position: Social relations expert
Subject: Etiquette I
Greetings and salutations,
We’re all aware that we have been put into an extremely tense situation. Though we have been tasked with working together, the concept of trust forming between us is laughable. None of us have any intention of forging bonds in this universe we have already condemned. Because of that, we are going to have to be particularly mindful of the ways in which we interact with each other. One’s actions can become spontaneous and violent in a stressful situation; especially so given the tropes we fall under. These rules have been put in place to avoid such outbursts, they are for both your safety and ours. Failure to comply may result in one’s body being repurposed for more intimate testing.
- Do not approach anyone from behind. If you must interact with someone, make your presence known while maintaining a reasonable distance from them.
- Clean up after yourself. Routine is a key component of efficiency and the last thing anyone wants is to have to work around a mess made by another. By extension, this does mean taking care to ensure that any personal workspaces remain orderly.
- Log any resources you intend to use a reasonable time in advance. This will minimize the chances of stepping on another’s toes during times of productivity.
- Remember to mark the projected risk levels of any experiments you intend to perform. We aren’t likely to get anywhere without performing more dangerous tests but your co-workers should be well aware when one is planned.
- Respect the hierarchy that has been decided upon. The current leads have been chosen by objective means and if you believe you should be the one to hold such a position then your results will speak for you.
- Direction and instruction should be considered as recommendation within your own field. While optimally the leads would be able the direct the fields they have precedence over, many take issue with the idea of their will being bent for another. A level of compliance is necessary but one’s will cannot be forced upon another.
- Follow all instructions when in a lab of a field that is not your own. While we want to keep strict ordering each other around to a minimum, you will be a danger to yourself and others if you are not mindful in areas with which you are not fully acquainted.
- Maintain a level of common sense. There should be things that do not need to be noted in an entry such as; don’t steal from or purposely antagonize others upon the vessel. Intellect is supposed to be our saving grace, don’t become an example of the contrary.
This entry will be amended if necessary but I hope for all of our sakes that won’t happen. Remember, we all have the same goal here, our hatred is to be spent on greater things than petty spite. We will get nowhere acting as entitled children, we’re better than that. We’re better than everything we’re going to leave behind.